Russian and East European Study Abroad Opportunities
- American Association of Teachers of Slavic and East European Languages (AATSEEL) – AATSEEL maintains a thorough study abroad information website. Programs are categorized by desired language of study.
- American Councils for International Education (ACTR/ACCELS) – A non-profit education, research and training organization which manages over 40 exchange programs in the former Soviet Union.
- Council on International Education and Exchange (CIEE) – One of the largest study abroad programs, with summer and semester programs in Russia and Eastern Europe.
- The School of Russian and Asian Studies – Offers a wide range of study abroad programs in six locations across Russia, two in Ukraine, and one in Central Asia. Also works with students who have unique requests. Offerings include the Security and Society Program in Poland with courses such as the 3-week Crime & Punishment in Central/Eastern Europe, the 2-week Elites and Politics in New and Old Democracies, Building Blocks: What Cities Tell Us about Society, History, and Change, as well as Jewish Heritage, Cybersecurity Policy, and Security Issues and Central Europe.
- Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland – Study the Polish language, and also content courses in East European politics, culture and law at the oldest university in Poland.
- International School of Polish Language and Culture in Krakow - Offers two-week courses in Krakow, Poland.
- Collegium Civitas – Offers professional internship opportunities in Warsaw, Poland.
- UW-Ljubljnana Faculty Exchange - 3 weeks in the Slovenian city of Ljubljana. Open to faculty and dissertatiing grad students
Other Russian and East European Study Abroad Opportunities
Please note that we list the following opportunities at the request of the individual organization and are not responsible for the quality of the individual program.
- AMU Summer School of Polish Language and Culture
- Centre for Slovene as a Second and Foreign Language - The programmes of the Centre for Slovene as a Second and Foreign Language provide comprehensive specialist support for Slovene as a second or foreign language and for Slovene language, literature and culture, as well as promoting Slovene Studies internationally. The Centre works under the auspices of the Department of Slovene Studies at the Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana. Its activities are organised into eight special programmes and are co-financed by the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport. A scholarship for non-Slovene participants is offered through The Jana Zemljaric Miklavicic Scholarship Trust, if they are actively involved in activities in the area of Slovene culture.
- CREF is a specialized Russian language study center for foreigners. Since 1995, we have taught hundred of students of all ages and levels that came in our Moscow and Nizhny-Novgorod training centers to learn Russian in Russia.
- Croatian Language and Culture Summer School
- EDUCA Russian Language Center
- Enjoy Russian offers intensive offers intensive Russian language courses with qualified teachers for kids, youth and adults all year round.
Total Russian language immersion, staying with Russian host families and an active cultural program guarantee fast progress in the Russian language within a short period of time.
- International School of Polish Language and Culture
- Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education - provides information about studying in Poland
- Serbian Language and Culture Workshop
- Summer University Prague
- Summer School of Slavonic Languages at Palacky University in Olomouc
- School of Ukrainian Language and Culture
- Information for students considering studying in Poland: http://www.studyfun.pl/,