Professor, Byron W. and Alice L. Lockwood Professor in the Humanities
Autumn 2020 (ONLINE ONLY) - By appointment
Ph.D., Comparative Literature, University of California, Berkeley, 1987
- Galya Diment, ed. H.G. Wells and All Things Russian. London: Anthem Press, 2019.
- Galya Diment. A Russian Jew of Bloomsbury: The Life and Times of Samuel Koteliansky. Montreal: McGill-Queen's University Press, 2011, 2013. 438pp.
- Galya Diment. Pniniad: Vladimir Nabokov and Marc Szeftel. Seattle: University of Washington Press, 1997, 2013. 256pp.
- Galya Diment, Zoran Kuzmanovich. MLA Approaches to Teaching "Lolita." New York: MLA, 2008. 200pp.
- Galya Diment, ed. Goncharov's "Oblomov": A Critical Companion. Evanston: Northwestern University Press, 1998. 200pp.
- Galya Diment. Leon Schulman Gaspard: The "non-Chagall" of Vitebsk on the World Stage
Research Advised: Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Coppock, Jeremy. Lost and Found: A close reading of some poems in Vladimir Nabokov's The Gift. Honors Thesis, 2013.
- Kufeldt, Elyse. The Russian Diaspora from a Female Perspective: Analyzing the Lives and Works of Nadehda Teffi and Nina Berberova. Honors Thesis, 2012.
- Chan, Roy. Mikhail Kuzmin: Towards a Critical Reevaluation. Honors Thesis, 2002.
- Kriloff, Paul. Lolita and Nabokov's Aesthetic Moralism. Honors Thesis, 1993.
Research Advised: Graduate Dissertations
- RUSS 223 A: Russian Cinema: Russian, Polish, and Soviet Jewish/Yiddish Film, 1912-1948
- RUSS 322 A: The Golden Age: Nineteenth Century Russian Literature And Culture
- RUSS 423 A: Russian Film: Russian, Polish, and Soviet Jewish/Yiddish Film, 1912-1948
- RUSS 522 A: Russian Literature Of The Nineteenth Century
- Professor Galya Diment Publishes New Book! - July 15, 2019
- Galya Diment named as the Byron W and Alice Lockwood Professor in the Humanities - May 13, 2019
- Prof. Galya Diment to give talks on her upcoming book on H.G. Wells - January 22, 2019
- Prof. Galya Diment selected as peer review committee member for the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program. - August 7, 2018
- "Katherine Mansfield And Russia" a book edited by Galya Diment is published - September 18, 2017
- Professor Galya Diment has written an article about the painter, Marc Chagall. - August 11, 2016
- Diment to lead bi-monthly graduate seminar on "Melting Port" cities - September 25, 2015
- Finding Chagall in Belarus - September 22, 2015
- Diment awarded Hanauer Distinguished Professorship - May 27, 2015
- Diment now an affiliate faculty member in Jewish Studies - October 29, 2014
- Katherine Mansfield's Russian Healers - September 15, 2014
- Galya Diment's article in Times Literary Supplement - December 30, 2013
- A Tale of Two Lolitas - November 25, 2013
- Diment to give Oulanoff Lecture at The Ohio State University - September 18, 2013
- Book news - March 26, 2013
- Diment’s book gets starred review on Booklist - June 6, 2012
- Thanks to Galya - June 4, 2012
- Galya Diment’s book reviewed by The Times Literary Supplement - April 2, 2012
- Diment January book readings - December 1, 2011
- Diment’s new book - October 17, 2011