Winter 2019: Wed 1:00-3:00 and by appointment
Ph.D., University of California at Berkeley, 2003
- Autism Function in "Anton's Right Here," Cultures of Representation: Disability in World Cinema Contexts, Wallflower Press, 2016.
- Review of Poka noch’ nas ne razluchit’. Kinokultura (June, 2013).
- Jose Alaniz. “([Post-] Soviet Zone of Dystopia: Voronovich/Tkalenko’s Sterva.” Slavic & East European Journal, No. 57 (2) (Summer 2013).
- José Alaniz. “History in Czech Comics: Lucie Lomová’s Divoši.” Ulbandus, Vol. 15 (2013).
- José Alaniz. “Stuttering, Glossolalia and The Body in Sorokin’s A Month in Dachau.” Vladimir Sorokin's Languages. Ed. Tine Roesen and Dirk Uffelmann. Bergen: University of Bergen Press, 2013.
- José Alaniz. “‘Will You Listen to That!’: (Dis)Ability in Moore/Willingham’s In Blackest Night.” Comics Forum (Sept. 7, 2012).
- José Alaniz. “Czech Comics Anthropology: Life and Story in O přibjehi: Keva.” Comics Forum (May 11, 2012).
- José Alaniz. "Crowd Control: Anxiety of Effluence in Sokurov's 'Russian Ark.'" in Sokurov anthology, ed. Birgit Beumers and Nancy Condee.
- José Alaniz. 2010. Komiks: Comic Art in Russia. University Press of Mississippi.
- José Alaniz. 2014. Death, Disability and the Superhero: The Silver Age and Beyond. University Press of Mississippi.
- Alaniz, José. Comics and History in the Czech Lands.
- New movie review from Prof José Alaniz - July 11, 2018
- José Alaniz selected to be recognized at the Latinx Faculty Recognition Event - April 13, 2018
- Recent publications by José Alaniz - January 23, 2018
- Faculty Friday: José Alaniz - October 20, 2017
- Prof José Alaniz reviews the Russian Superhero Movie “Guardians” - October 16, 2017
- Prof. Jose Alaniz and Ph.d. Student Veronica Muskheli team up to translate a Russian Sci-Fi story - September 18, 2017
- Prof. José Alaniz has a cartoon published on the Seattle Weekly website - July 18, 2016
- José Alaniz's review of the film "Insight" - July 11, 2016
- José Alaniz's essay in Cultures of Representation: Disability in World Cinema Contexts - April 5, 2016
- Professor Jose Alaniz reviews Russian scifi film "The Guest" - October 14, 2015
- Professor Jose Alaniz reviews new Ukrainian film, "Corrections Class" - January 5, 2015
- Alaniz becomes Disability Studies director - April 16, 2014
- Alaniz's book soon out as paperback - March 24, 2014
- Professor José Alaniz publishes two articles in summer 2013 - October 21, 2013
- Alaniz elected chair of ICAF - November 23, 2011
- Congrats to alumna Emily Schuckman - January 7, 2011
- José goes national - October 5, 2010